change volume

Amadeus.V

Active Trader
Jul 7, 2023
Do you mean you want to change the volume on the open trade? The only way to partially close a position in MT4 is to use some EA or a script that can do that.
mt4 doesn't have the option to close partially manually?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
  • 👍
Reactions: Amadeus.V

raza shah

Jul 26, 2024
To change the volume of trade, adjust your trade size settings on your trading platform. To fix it, ensure you update your trade volume settings and save the changes to apply them.

raza shah

Jul 26, 2024
Do you mean you want to change the volume on the open trade? The only way to partially close a position in MT4 is to use some EA or a script that can do that.
Yes, you're correct. In MetaTrader 4 (MT4), you can't directly change the volume of an open trade. Instead, you need to use an Expert Advisor (EA) or script to partially close a position or adjust your trade size.

NatureGirl

Trader
May 3, 2023
i dunno maybe im keepin it too simple but i think hes jus tryna figure out how to set the size of a trade when you wanna open it!

Amadeus.V

Active Trader
Jul 7, 2023
Yes, you're correct. In MetaTrader 4 (MT4), you can't directly change the volume of an open trade. Instead, you need to use an Expert Advisor (EA) or script to partially close a position or adjust your trade size.
Based on what the admin just said, you can partially close it though!
Post automatically merged:

i dunno maybe im keepin it too simple but i think hes jus tryna figure out how to set the size of a trade when you wanna open it!
This post turned out to be a very controversial case! XD
That could very well be the case ad I re-read the question.
Hmmm