Free trading - Change - Suggestion

Claire.a

Trader
Mar 18, 2023
I've been trading freely till now. No indicators, no EA, and nothing else. I just watch the market and candles and open or close a trade. But now I wanna have strategies. I wanna change. What's your suggestions for me?

Chadpowell

Trader
Apr 8, 2023
New York
Scammers all over the net
Exactly! Do not pay any money for courses since there are loads of free and good ones!
I read Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets Murphy and honestly, it was really helpful. Also you can use free courses here and on youtube.
So avoid scammers and develop your skills by your own.

• 👍
Reactions: Claire.a

Ara

Active Trader
Apr 24, 2023
I've been trading freely till now. No indicators, no EA, and nothing else. I just watch the market and candles and open or close a trade. But now I wanna have strategies. I wanna change. What's your suggestions for me?
To start using strategies in your trading, you can learn technical analysis, develop a trading plan, use indicators, backtest your strategy, and consider automated trading. Remember to find a strategy that suits your trading style, risk tolerance, and goals and to continuously evaluate and adjust your approach as needed.

wagtrader

May 2, 2023
Hey there! It's great that you've been able to trade successfully without indicators or other tools, but adding some strategies to your trading approach can help you become even more profitable and consistent.

First, you'll want to start by educating yourself about different trading strategies and finding one that resonates with you. There are plenty of resources available online, including books, courses, and YouTube videos. Some popular strategies include price action trading, trend following, and swing trading.

Once you have a strategy in mind, start testing it out on a demo account. This will help you get a feel for how the strategy works and whether it's a good fit for your trading style. Make sure to track your results and adjust the strategy as needed.

Finally, make sure to stick to your strategy and avoid the temptation to make impulsive trades or deviate from your plan. Remember, consistency is key to successful trading.

Good luck with your new approach, and happy trading!

Claire.a

Trader
Mar 18, 2023
The best way to learn trading chart patterns is to read Thomas Bulkowski's Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns.
I don't like books. What other things do you suggest?
Post automatically merged:

Exactly! Do not pay any money for courses since there are loads of free and good ones!
I read Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets Murphy and honestly, it was really helpful. Also you can use free courses here and on youtube.
So avoid scammers and develop your skills by your own.
Thank you. Can you tell me some youtube channels for this?
Post automatically merged:

To start using strategies in your trading, you can learn technical analysis, develop a trading plan, use indicators, backtest your strategy, and consider automated trading. Remember to find a strategy that suits your trading style, risk tolerance, and goals and to continuously evaluate and adjust your approach as needed.
Thank you so much. Can you give me resources for things you said?

Claire.a

Trader
Mar 18, 2023
Hey there! It's great that you've been able to trade successfully without indicators or other tools, but adding some strategies to your trading approach can help you become even more profitable and consistent.

First, you'll want to start by educating yourself about different trading strategies and finding one that resonates with you. There are plenty of resources available online, including books, courses, and YouTube videos. Some popular strategies include price action trading, trend following, and swing trading.

Once you have a strategy in mind, start testing it out on a demo account. This will help you get a feel for how the strategy works and whether it's a good fit for your trading style. Make sure to track your results and adjust the strategy as needed.

Finally, make sure to stick to your strategy and avoid the temptation to make impulsive trades or deviate from your plan. Remember, consistency is key to successful trading.

Good luck with your new approach, and happy trading!
You are so kind. If you suggest some resources i will appreciate. <3

CallahanSinclair

Active Trader
May 13, 2023
I feel the same way. Learning how to read charts would be helpful.

• 👍
Reactions: Claire.a

Antho

Trader
Mar 16, 2023
I would suggest you start exploring basic technical indicators like Moving Averages and RSI to understand market trends better. Combining them with your current skills can definitely enhance your strategy.

Claire.a

Trader
Mar 18, 2023
I would suggest you start exploring basic technical indicators like Moving Averages and RSI to understand market trends better. Combining them with your current skills can definitely enhance your strategy.
That was a year ago, my friend. Everything has changed since then. :)

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
Learn key market characteristics - trend, momentum, volatility, sentiment, etc. Conduct thorough research on indicators designed to detect these traits early on, and begin implementing them gradually while experimenting with their parameters. This approach essentially embodies the essence of indicator-based trading.

CallahanSinclair

Active Trader
May 13, 2023
Learn key market characteristics - trend, momentum, volatility, sentiment, etc. Conduct thorough research on indicators designed to detect these traits early on, and begin implementing them gradually while experimenting with their parameters. This approach essentially embodies the essence of indicator-based trading.
Can you please tell some resources to learn about key trading indicators?

jim_

Trader
Jul 29, 2024
Can you please tell some resources to learn about key trading indicators?
You can check out "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets" by John J. Murphy, "Trading for a Living" by Dr. Alexander Elder, the Investopedia website for valuable resources to learn about key trading indicators.

CallahanSinclair

Active Trader
May 13, 2023
You can check out "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets" by John J. Murphy, "Trading for a Living" by Dr. Alexander Elder, the Investopedia website for valuable resources to learn about key trading indicators.
Thank you kindly for the info, will make sure to give them a look.