Grid EA TP calculation

Leonxrd

Jun 2, 2024
Hello everyone,
I am relatively new to the world of EAs. I am in the process of coding a grid EA with the help of chatgpt. I know that Grid EAs have a pretty bad reputation but please let that be my concern. I'm also just working on a prototype and will have an experienced coder refine it.

I have already defined the criteria for the entry points of a buy/sell sequence and so far everything is working quite well. The only question mark in my head is the take profit calculation.
Perhaps some of you already have experience of how to calculate the take profit for grid EAs, as it is supposed to be a trailing TP.

Brief overview of the EA:
When a sell sequence starts, for example, the EA opens further positions whenever the price moves a certain number of pip in the desired direction. The TP should then trail with every additional position opened in a sequence.

The EA will have the following grid settings:
Step up lot (increases the lot size after x positions of the same lot size (1,1,1,2,2,2,2,3,..))
Fixed lot (always opens positions with the same lot size (1,1,1,1,1,..))

So my question is:
Does anyone have experience with the take profit calculation of a grid EA?
I would appreciate any suggestions or tips regarding this.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I don't have much live account experience with grid EAs, but from what I have seen, they tend to place the TP just a little further than the next entry level. E.g., if you position pending orders at each 50 pips from each other, the TP is placed at 60 pips from the entry. This allows for the EA to always remain in the market without "amassing" large number of trades.

• 👍
Reactions: Leonxrd