Meta trader strategie tester

freemikey

Trader
Aug 28, 2023
Hi all, I've made a EA bot for automatic entereing and closing trades in Chat GPT, I then copies this in Metaeditor, compiled it and resolved all errors until their were none. I then reloaded my Metatrader 4 and opened the ex4 file in strategie tester, as seen in the image here below . when I press start is does run but doesn't make any trades. I have tried several different EA's but non of them make any trades. I've even used one that I downloaded to see if this one makes any trade when I test it but no, even those don't make any trades!
Am i forgetting some kind of setting in the tester? What should I do?
Thanks for the help.

1693292598599.png

grantcause

Trader
Aug 29, 2023
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Hi all, I've made a EA bot for automatic entereing and closing trades in Chat GPT, I then copies this in Metaeditor, compiled it and resolved all errors until their were none. I then reloaded my Metatrader 4 and opened the ex4 file in strategie tester, as seen in the image here below . when I press start is does run but doesn't make any trades. I have tried several different EA's but non of them make any trades. I've even used one that I downloaded to see if this one makes any trade when I test it but no, even those don't make any trades!
Thanks for the help.

View attachment 24961
There can be many reasons why it doesn't take a trade check the Journal tab at the bottom of the Strategy Tester for errors your EA may be putting out. It may be that your position sizing is incorrect in which case it will be rejected by the broker as they have rules for min / max position size, volume limits, etc.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for the help.

View attachment 24961
It's impossible to tell without seeing the EA's code.