Real Time Data (RTD) - MT5 to Spreadsheet (Excel, LibreOffice)

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
I am hoping there is someone on this site who can help me export my LIVE mt5 data to a spreadsheet
FYI ... I use Libre Office

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Somebody over at EARNFOREX describes "How to Connect MT4 to Excel" which is good for Bid, Ask, High, and Low BUT sadly that is all the information you can get :(

I want the data information on my MA's

Had hoped it could be done by changing the "BID" in the link =DDE("MT4","BID","SPX500") ... BUT to what ?

I can get the historical High, Low, Open & Close

How to export data from Metatrader 5
  1. Open Metatrader 5 and the right click on the symbol in a market watch:
  2. Click on symbols.
  3. Click on a specific symbol.
  4. Click on the bars tab.
  5. Then you will see the bars and you have to select them.
  6. Click on export.
  7. Choose the folder for saving data.
Symbols.png

If I can get the Open, High, Low & Close data ... WHY can't I get the complete Data Window ?

Data Window.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Somebody over at EARNFOREX describes "How to Connect MT4 to Excel" which is good for Bid, Ask, High, and Low BUT sadly that is all the information you can get :(
That article is about DDE. It won't help you with your task. You need to code (or get coded) an indicator that writes all the data that you need (including the values from other indicators) into a CSV file. That file can be then used for auto-update data in your Excel spreadsheet.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is there any solution for MT5 like that MT4 DDE server option to get real BID price in excel,

BR.
No built-in solution. You can either use a third-party DDE or create your own indicator that would write to a .csv and then use Excel to automatically import data from that .csv.

• ℹ️
Reactions: EnrichWave

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Is there any solution for MT5 like that MT4 DDE server option to get real BID price in excel,

BR.

Sadly no :(

My workaround

MT4 and MT5 chart data SHOULD be the same

I have an MT4 chart open for the same instrument I am trading on MT5

The MT4 DDE feeds live information to my spreadsheet

Sadly all that is available is the Bid, Ask, High and Low :(

DDE.png

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave