What is the best broker for lowest slippage for News Trading

shanmugapradeep

Active Trader
Dec 18, 2020
Hello,

Which broker would you recommend for news trading? During news releases, prices can spike rapidly in any direction, and market volatility is at its peak. I am currently facing significant slippage with my current broker, HFM (formerly HotForex).

I am searching for the best broker with the lowest slippage for news trading.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I traded news with InstaForex Eurika accounts - they were truly zero-spread (commission based), but there still was slippage. I think the best balanced solution is to trade via a raw spreads broker like Interactive Brokers for example.

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
In my experience, when looking for a broker for news trading with minimal slippage, it's essential to prioritize brokers with robust infrastructure, fast execution speeds, and deep liquidity pools. However, it's crucial to thoroughly research and test each broker's execution quality and slippage under various market conditions before committing to a specific one for news trading.

noryx

May 30, 2024
FPMarkets is good for news trading. Here are my trading results on news on their MT4 (Raw account): socialratings.fpmarkets.com/widgets/ratings/2739?widgetKey=social_platform_ratings

Last edited:

Chadpowell

Trader
Apr 8, 2023
New York
Hello,

Which broker would you recommend for news trading? During news releases, prices can spike rapidly in any direction, and market volatility is at its peak. I am currently facing significant slippage with my current broker, HFM (formerly HotForex).

I am searching for the best broker with the lowest slippage for news trading.
news trading is very high risk I never counted on that and I suggest you never do that as well.

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
If you say this, you don't understand how to trade on news. News trading is a gift to overcome the market's efficiency.
Yeah I agree with that, during news release a shift in expectations happens. If we also take into account that large players can't adjust their positions quickly, this should create some trading opportunities, for example this might explain momentum anomaly.

zForex

Active Trader
Aug 15, 2022
If you're Ok with a normal commission like $10 per lot, any ECN Broker would be fit for news trading.

Elaxi_Flora

Trader
Apr 14, 2023
For news trading, where low slippage is crucial, top brokers often recommended include IC Markets, Pepperstone, and OANDA. These brokers are known for their fast execution speeds and reliable performance during high volatility, which helps minimize slippage.

Regarding Beirman Capital, it's important to conduct thorough research and read reviews to ensure they meet your specific needs and offer competitive spreads and low slippage for news trading. Always verify the broker's regulatory status and reputation in the trading community before making a decision.

noryx

May 30, 2024
For me, IC Markets is not good for news trading (MT4/MT5/cTrader). Pepperstone and OANDA need to be tested.

FPMarkets is not perfect but acceptable — at least this broker is the best of all I have tested on MT4.

The best accounts for news trading are FIX API or higher but it also depends on the broker. For example, FIX API from PFD is too slow.

Honestly speaking, MT4/MT5, cTrader, etc. retail platforms a priori, in general, are just garbage for news trading ...

Last edited:

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
For me, IC Markets is not good for news trading (MT4/MT5/cTrader). Pepperstone and OANDA need to be tested.

FPMarkets is not perfect but acceptable — at least this broker is the best of all I have tested on MT4.

The best accounts for news trading are FIX API or higher but it also depends on the broker. For example, FIX API from PFD is too slow.

Honestly speaking, MT4/MT5, cTrader, etc. retail platforms a priori, in general, are just garbage for news trading ...
How fast is Fix API? What is average execution in ms?

noryx

May 30, 2024
One can expect the execution time to be around 100 ms, but it depends on the news.

Unfortunately, the execution time is not the issue but rather the size of the slippage. For example, MT4 Darwinex executes orders very quickly during news events, but its slippage kills potential profit. On the other hand, MT4 FPMarkets executes orders more slowly but the slippage is ok (I suppose this is because FPMarkets is a true ECN broker and not a fake one).

There is also one candidate for news trading: MT4 GlobalPrime. I've heard their FIX API was really good for news trading but for some reason they deleted the information about FIX API from the website. Hopefully, their MT4 is fast enough - need to be tested!

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
One can expect the execution time to be around 100 ms, but it depends on the news.

Unfortunately, the execution time is not the issue but rather the size of the slippage. For example, MT4 Darwinex executes orders very quickly during news events, but its slippage kills potential profit. On the other hand, MT4 FPMarkets executes orders more slowly but the slippage is ok (I suppose this is because FPMarkets is a true ECN broker and not a fake one).

There is also one candidate for news trading: MT4 GlobalPrime. I've heard their FIX API was really good for news trading but for some reason they deleted the information about FIX API from the website. Hopefully, their MT4 is fast enough - need to be tested!
News trading is a gamble in terms of how much slippage will you get. Sometimes it's great, other times you are filled right after the spike, I also think brokers don't like news traders because even relatively simple buy-sell straddle with perfect execution would be an ideal system (very low risk)

noryx

May 30, 2024
Yes, slippage is the №1 problem. But there are some approaches to partially solve this problem:
  • Besides currency pairs, one can try gold, indices, crypto for orders with market execution. Usually, every group of instruments has its own LP.
  • Using FOK or IOC execution model for FIX API accounts helps to control slippage.
  • Instant execution accounts are also a solution despite the risk of requotes.
If the broker earns on commission from trades, they don't care if you're a news trader. Otherwise, they use plugins to increase slippage, execution time, etc.

Aug 15, 2024

Hello there, does fp markets adjust their leverage during news hours?

noryx

May 30, 2024
Hi, I didn't notice that I was limited in leverage size during news trading. Maybe their support can clarify this for you if they are allowed to share this information.

fargana

Active Trader
Nov 14, 2022
Yes, slippage is the №1 problem. But there are some approaches to partially solve this problem:
  • Besides currency pairs, one can try gold, indices, crypto for orders with market execution. Usually, every group of instruments has its own LP.
  • Using FOK or IOC execution model for FIX API accounts helps to control slippage.
  • Instant execution accounts are also a solution despite the risk of requotes.
If the broker earns on commission from trades, they don't care if you're a news trader. Otherwise, they use plugins to increase slippage, execution time, etc.
Instant execution is hard to find, it means the broker trades against you and clearly has a conflict of interest. Regarding FIX API it is definitely not for 95% of retail traders because proper setup isn't easy. In my view slippage can occur with any broker so judging based on occurrence of slippage makes little sense. Instead different platforms should be compared on the rate of occurence of slippage depending on time, market volatility and traded volume to make proper conclusions.

Panzer Wang

Trader
Aug 20, 2024

The fact that there is no broker for news trading, what is the point of looking for a broker for news trading? Is it for no slippage?

No slippage is impossible, especially on news time. No slippage will only be found in fixed spread brokers, but after the CHF black swan event in 2015, almost all strictly regulated brokers are floating spreads. Floating spreads are the root cause of slippage.

So on that knowledge, I think if one wants to choose the right broker for news trading, one should choose the one with slippage compensation. Although I don't want to promote it, Vantage has this compensation.

In addition, another secret of slippage is liquidity, which is based on the number of liquidity providers, so choosing a broker with a lot of liquidity providers is good for avoiding slippage.

If you guys expect to choose brokers that don't have slippage, then you should ask God about it instead of discussing it in forums

noryx

May 30, 2024
Instant execution is hard to find, it means the broker trades against you and clearly has a conflict of interest.
Try the broker InstaForex with instant execution. Despite frequent requotes, they sometimes execute trades on news with 0 slippage, but it's also possible to experience delays.

In my view slippage can occur with any broker so judging based on occurrence of slippage makes little sense. Instead different platforms should be compared on the rate of occurence of slippage depending on time, market volatility and traded volume to make proper conclusions.
I shared only my experience regarding slippage and observed differences in execution between brokers, not between trading platforms. For example, there are FIX API accounts that are not suitable for news trading, meaning they depend solely on brokers.

noryx

May 30, 2024
The fact that there is no broker for news trading, what is the point of looking for a broker for news trading? Is it for no slippage?
I'm looking for a broker with appropriate slippage. After several tests, one can see which broker is more suitable for news trading and which is less suitable.

If you guys expect to choose brokers that don't have slippage, then you should ask God about it instead of discussing it in forums
I suppose God could suggest using FIX accounts with FOK or IOC execution models, where one can easily set the desired amount of slippage (one can even try negative slippage) :)

Last edited: