My latest Spreadbetting strategy

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
The Twist
As soon as the Free Margin is enough for a minimum bet (0.1) ... currently at 25 with my broker

FreeMarginBet_1.png

It changes with market conditions
Post automatically merged:

In the process of creating an Expert Advisor so I don't have to be a screen slave

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Yes it is the classic EMA cross (K.I.S.S) but I always want to have the absolute maximum bet on my account can stand

The Pink Margin Level line showing more often than not

Hopefully, all should become clearer once I get a bot on the job and I post more images

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
All of those entries SHOULD have been evenly spaced
//------

hey maverick...... it's possible that you truly want all trades evenly spaced, but sounds like you want to add another trade as soon as free margin will allow it......

if the second option is what your after, the trades will not be evenly spaced...... as each new trade is placed, the pips required to reach the freemargin level decreases.....

it's a minor difference at first but will become parabolic......

this might be a form of grid trading..... if so, you can pre-calculate the order spacing in advance and place pending stop orders......

if your keeping a freemargin buffer set aside for safety, that could be subtracted from over all free margin......h

• 👍
Reactions: Maverick

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
it's a minor difference at first but will become parabolic......
Agreed ... As my equity increases Free Margin reaching 25 will become more frequent eventually becoming a solid blur ... plan is to then manually change the Bet size (0.1) and or the level to add

Still a work in progress

Last edited:

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Todays target was WRONG ... I had already reached it ... bad arithmetic :(

And after London closed at 19:00 it took a step back ... got out quick seeing as I am on my way out for a family meal ... Hey Ho

Still a profitable day :)

Last edited:

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
My problem now is ... How to close all when I am not here ... supposed to be going out for a family meal in 20 minutes ... Another reason for a bot
//------

have a closeall() function..... it can be a $ value or a price level.....

if it's a price level, think about using a horizontal line named "close all" or something...... using the objectget function you can get the value of the "close all" line..... simply dragging the line up or down will make adjusting that level easy........

consider using expertremove() once all trades are closed.....h

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Hopefully, I will be able to get something integrated into the EA ... Close ALL +20pts (var)
Post automatically merged:

20pts.png

Was I glad I got out when I did

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
January's Demo was inspiring ... This is the setup I will be starting Monday with

SPX500_SBM5.png

I only wish I had established how to create this spreadsheet with Live MT5 Data ... CAN ANYBODY POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

02.02.2024 @ 00.00.png

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
I was hoping to have had an EA on the job by now ... Alas I cannot write my own code (one of my BIG regrets - Not learning :() Have had to rely on the so-called Developers at MQL5 who for the most part are just Coders

For whatever reason you cannot view their feedback until AFTER you have engaged them ... Then it all comes out

1. Never deal with this developer. Has nothing to offer than waiting for half money arbitration. A scammer in the community. Bad egg indeed

2. Not skilled, doesnt understand simplest requirements, even when explained on elementary school level

3. Disastrous experience: simple MT5 EA task, dragged on for weeks with endless bugs and poor communication. Massive time waste and zero progress. Be careful from this developer

All you have to go on is ...

Developer.png

I now know which one I should HAVE chosen ... For whatever reason he did NOT sell himself

Guess who I did go with ?

Your ONLY way out is Arbitration which you the customer will ALWAYS come off worse ... Metaquotes CANNOT lose, they will get their 10% regardless of ... from YOU

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
And another thing whilst I am having a moan ... Arbitration takes forever and a day

Decided I am going to bite the bullet and post again NOW

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Would you believe it ... I chose #2 who also turned out to be a bad apple :(

Need a new strategy to help me decide

I am guessing now that #2 had accumulated so much bad feedback he re-branded himself