Darwinex

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
just a journal for convenient storage of darwin work trading futures ....... nothing more......h

Last edited:

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
8/5/24..... week 1...... traded 4 days..... started off with 2 big losses..... figures......
//-----

8/11/24 to do list.....

(a)..... attempt to reduce trade length.....

(b)..... increase scope to all available symbols.....

(c)..... figure out why control panel not displaying buttons on currency futures

(d)..... code function to closeall() on total account profit target....

(e)...... add code to limit alerts maximum iterations......

(f)..... include psar in alerts.....

......h

//-----
week 1.png

//------

profile.png

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
just some links useful to me......h
//------

assets available......

knowledge base......

calibration phase...... probably the most important aspect..... Exposure = D-Leverage* x √Time (duration of the position) ....... specifically, (sum of all positions)/ (exposure of largest position)...... keep in mind a position is the sum total of all open trades at a point in time......

darwina silver......

darwin exchange youtube.....

//-----

additional to do item.....

(g)...... add code to suggests closures by trade length..... idea to close any order possible before placing another, thereby reducing the total open positions...... this will increase the numerator in the (sum of all positions)/ (exposure of largest position) equation which should give a larger multiplier....

Last edited:

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
appears to be 6,938 total in the game with 744 meeting the baseline 75.....

could have said only 744 out of 6,938 , but that would not seem proper..... accurate perhaps.....

would not let that sway me at all......h

//-----

ff 3.png

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
the asset allocation section contains your returns by asset class..... such as index, commodities, forex and such....

click on family or asset..... clicking on the circles segments will filter it down to specific class, asset or symbol.....

this exact same presentation can be done in mq5 or excel..... but if your not handy with those, darwin has done the work.....

might be a good idea to have known this well in advance of signing up with darwin......h
//----

enivid 5.jpg

//-----

enivid 5a.jpg

//-----
enivid 6.jpg

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
personal trade distribution by hour of the day is another example of something to be known well in advance of signing up with darwin.....

again, this same type presentation is easy to do with mq5 or excel, but in reality most will not be familiar with the code......

darwin does it for you.......

we are given the opportunity to look over the shoulder of the successful......

would appear to me worthwhile......h
//------

enivid 3.jpg

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
and our trades by day of the week...... it's common to see views on the best days to trade...... views vary......

possibly we know ours in advance via mq5 or excel..... if not, darwin will....... the return distribution by day of the week section can not lie......

would you really keep trading on fridays if it was a losing day over all......

ever heard of a 3 day weekend.......h
//-----

enivid 4.jpg

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
you might remember aunty entity saying, " but how the world turns...... one day cock of the walk next a feather duster".......

perhaps what to do can be learned from the highest darwins......

perhaps what not to do can be learned from the lowest......

the achievement icon badges were explained in the screen shots above......

judging from the large number of badges all the way down to the darwin single digits, there were once a lot of haves that are now have nots......

aunty said it best years ago...... it's up to us to survive the audition.....h
//-----

enivid 12.jpg

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
one of darwins looked at features is the positive/negative excursion..... it's a valid idea.....

most of us have stepped on an elevator not realizing it was going up when we wanted to go down...... now you have to ride.....

sure, you will still get there but at extra risk.....

needless time on the elevator can be thought of as needless risk..... maybe a joy ride, but with extra risk......

momentum type entries might favor that metric...........h
//-----
enivid 16.jpg

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
8/11/24 to do list..... done finally.....

8/25/24 to do list.....

a..... increase return to 2.5 minimum......

b..... code psar tracking pending orders...

c..... verify correct targets, pending orders points offsets..... all symbols....

d..... work out rules to improve order drawdown..... timing.....

e..... code out better presentation of alerts...... separate computer.....

f..... include clock and market sessions per symbol in 'e' task above.....

g..... demo account...... figure out proper platform trailing stop setting per symbol..... display for easy reference..... in darwin dashboard indicator , not chart.....

'a' is job number 1..... only 7 days left in calibration phase.....h

Last edited:

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
8/26/24 to do list.....h

a..... work out manner to verify current symbol list match those available in regards to expired contract months.......

alert on error 4302......

b..... finish prior lists completely.....

c..... consider changing indicator to expert advisor with onclick buttons.....

//-----

contract month.jpeg

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
9/1/24 to do list.....

a..... code to select contracts based on 1440 and 240 technical continuations.....

b...... locate demo mq5 futures platform for testing.....

c..... verify all darwin ea symbol presets are valid...... in demo..... comment in ea each symbol as done....

d..... backup power supply..... possible labor day specials......

//------------------------------------------

was not a good week in darwin account...... briefly crossed above 2% but fell back...... still have 1 day in 15 day calculation phase..... but that last day is in new month.....

you need a total return of 6% for an allocation of 30k..... such as 2% for month of august and 4% month of september..... i only had 14 days in august to make the 2%.......

in dollars and cents, 2% is 20k profit...... and 6% is 60k profit...... it would have really helped to have those extra days in august.....

not sure how that will work out......h

//------

enivid 21.jpg

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
finished the 15 day calibration phase..... next monday my actual darwin should be known.....

still fumbling in the dark here......

my estimate would be a darwin near 65 based on a return of 2%.....

from a statistical point of view that is in the realm of possibilities, a return of 7% by 10/1/24 would be ideal..... with a max drawdown of less than 1%.....

any return above 7% becomes increasingly more difficult......

once 7% is made, a 4% return the following month would should add another 375,000 to your allocation.....

and again, darwin itself makes +/- adjustments which at this point unkown to me.......

so the above is purely fictional at this point......h

//-----

Screenshot 2024-09-02 072409.png

//-----

Screenshot 2024-09-02 074540.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-02 065910.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-02 065910.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 0

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
some say once your 15 day calibration period is over, to not trade until the following monday..... that is when your true darwin rating is created..... their reasoning confuses me.....

my plan is to not only keep trading, but ramp up the trading...... these next 20 days are the most crucial......

my pie in the sky goal is 8% by 9/30/24...... 80,000...... need 3k per day......

to achieve this, ,,,,,

my max drawdon need to stay below 0.5%......

trade length must increase......

trade size must increase......

traded assets must increase......

precision entries must increase......

would not turn down luck if it wandered by.......h

//------

enivid 22.jpg

Last edited:

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
recovered the losses...... calling it a day.....

caught a couple pigs in the traps last night...... money can wait.....

priorities ya know......h
//-----

9.jpg

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
my final numbers before darwin creation...... or what ever the heck happens over the weekend......

tried to find a specific post where someone mention the numbers will change on monday..... could not locate it.....

have traded 1 single contract each trade.... so we will see what the risk enigine suggests ..... can't go lower than 1..... so safe bet it will increase contract size and tell me to stop trading like a sissy.....

what ever it suggests, i will do upfront..... then i will see it's next move......

once it stops adjusting my trades, i will write a ea to match what it wants.....

have traded, ym, nq, es, rty, 6au, 6nu, 6bu, 6eu, zsx, bzv, hou, zlz, and keu..... all 3 keu trades were losers....

the current ea looks for a account profit target, once reached it closes all trades...... this force closes some losers that quite possibly would have been winners...... keu got caught in that 3 times.....

beginning next week will move into entire market..... except metals.....

so..... i guess other than metals, i will be putting the pedal to the metal.......h

//-----

enivid 26.jpg

//------

enivid 25.jpg

//------

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
hmm..... darwin is teasing me..... my risk adjustment has been made but still can not see the more important categories.....

without the ability to see all, it's hard to draw accurate conclusions.....

the risk engine has done it's job , more than doubled my returns..... questions comes to mind..... is that a result of more than doubling my trade size or by letting trades run longer/shorter..... could be either...... could be both...... could be all three....

the max positive/negative excursion per position category , when it becomes available, will help figuring that out......

of course, i could keep trading as normal and let the darwin do it's adjustment thing...... but will it do the same for my apex accounts, topstep, takeprofit trader or amp......

of course not...... the true value of darwin will be in making me a better trader when they are not holding my nervous little hand...... when i'm standing alone......

a trading mentor.....h
//-----

the before and after the risk engine effect......

//------ before.......

enivid 26.jpg

//-----

//------ after.........

tease.jpg

Last edited:

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
after all these years, just realized today point value does not mean what i thought it meant.......h

//------

enivid 27.jpg

Attachments

• export to excel.mq5
    3.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Enivid