Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello... is there anyway to add an option on the MT4 version of the Market Profile indicator to calculate Value Area, and POC based on TPO? not Volume or Tick data...
Not sure what you propose here. The Market Profile indicator already calculates VA and POC based on TPOs. However, TPOs themselves are calculated based on price data.

Gullyslime33

May 30, 2024
Not sure what you propose here. The Market Profile indicator already calculates VA and POC based on TPOs. However, TPOs themselves are calculated based on price data.
Sorry About the confusion, I thought you were using Forex "Volume" to calculate VAH, VAL, and POC, but I was wrong. I changed the settings on the Value Area to 68 instead of 70 and now I'm getting the levels i want. So now for my question, is it possible to add 30 min timeframe to the intraday setting? it wont let me go above 15min, I can use 30min with the daily setting, but there i cant modify a start and end time for the profile, also i dont know if its possible to add an option in the Value Area Ray and Median Ray settings to plot previous VAH,VAL,POC from a higher Time Frame? For example I want to plot previous day 30 min VAH VAL POC on a 5min chart etc...

Gullyslime33

May 30, 2024
The MTF feature that i'm asking about is really secondary... the important thing is being able to use the 30 Min time frame with the intraday setting

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The MTF feature that i'm asking about is really secondary... the important thing is being able to use the 30 Min time frame with the intraday setting
I might add the M30 timeframe in the next version. Meanwhile, you can use the MP on any timeframe with arbitrary start and finish time using the rectangular session.

SHABADA

Jul 28, 2024
Hi! A good indicator! You can add a count above/below the POC of the TPO value as shown in the screenshot.

Attachments

• 2024-07-28_16-31-18.jpg
    2024-07-28_16-31-18.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 2
Dec 9, 2019
Hello,
I would like to suggest a change for a future version of Market Profile.

Would it be possible to include a flag to not generate data for the current period?

If I select 5 weeks, I don't want to see the current data, supports, etc.
Post automatically merged:

Hello,

It would be possible to include in the options, in the month, week, day, etc. button

Include a half-yearly option (every 6 months, January to June, July to December).

Include an annual option

Include a quarterly option (every 3 months, January to March, April to June, July to September and October to December) This has to do with the quarterly balance sheet of companies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

Would it be possible to include a flag to not generate data for the current period?

If I select 5 weeks, I don't want to see the current data, supports, etc.
You should be already able to do that by changing the start date in the input parameters.

It would be possible to include in the options, in the month, week, day, etc. button

Include a half-yearly option (every 6 months, January to June, July to December).

Include an annual option

Include a quarterly option (every 3 months, January to March, April to June, July to September and October to December) This has to do with the quarterly balance sheet of companies.
I'll see if that's doable.

Dec 9, 2019
You should be already able to do that by changing the start date in the input parameters.

I'll see if that's doable.

** You should be already able to do that by changing the start date in the input parameters. **
But I wanted to remove the last period and not change the 'start'

** I'll see if that's doable. **
My request is based on a study that aims to see the volume traded in comparison to the quarterly results of companies' balance sheets. If possible, I would appreciate it for a future version.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
** You should be already able to do that by changing the start date in the input parameters. **
But I wanted to remove the last period and not change the 'start'
Not sure what you mean. If you want to omit the current week, you can set the start date to July 27 for example and it will do just that. Don't forget to set StartFromCurrentSession to false of course.

Dec 9, 2019
Sure! Please let me know whether it works for you.
Post automatically merged:

The problem is that we need to manually change the start date when changing the period. Wouldn't it be possible to do this automatically?

Could you create an IncludeCurrentSession parameter?!