Hubex

Trader
May 27, 2023
I recommend using a separate trailing stop EA. The trailing stop feature of the Position Sizer is very basic and it likely won't change much in the future.
I noticed the quick reaction of TS and decided not to use this but I use BE. As it is not possible to load two EA on one chart you can only put a general EA for all units on a separate Chart, that may be useable.

zaha

Trader
Nov 20, 2023
Hi , I can't install PSC on my Mac. When I try to make a copy of folder PSC from my disk to mt5 folder , it doesn't work. Maybe someone knows how can I make it ?
Post automatically merged:

Hi , I can't install PSC on my Mac. When I try to make a copy of folder PSC from my disk to mt5 folder , it doesn't work. Maybe someone knows how can I make it ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
thanks , I made this , but still doesn't work. I can't make a copy of PSC folder and paste it to mt5 folder. Earlier I had no problems with this and I don't understand what happened to it.
Try using MetaEditor. You can drag file directly to it and the save them - it will propose the correct location to save the files.

• ℹ️
Reactions: EnrichWave

TJA

Nov 22, 2023
First let me express my gratitude for you creating such a useful EA, or for several people creating this.

When Max slippage and Max spread are at their default values of "0" does that mean it ignores slippage and spread?

I'm especially interested in entries for buy stop and sell stop.

What I'm trying to find out is that if the EA places a pending buy stop if there's any scenario where the EA could cause a delay of execution, so something like the broker servers ping back to the EA the spread and slippage values and the EA pings back to the servers or anything like that?

Or is it identical to placing the pending buy stop directly in the trading panel of the native MT5 terminal?

I'm asking this for Max slippage and Max spread set at "0" and set at something non-zero. Specifically for entries buy stop and sell stop.

I experienced some pretty massive slippage on a single trade entry recently and I'm just trying to understand if the EA had anything to do with it or if it just was the situation in general and if a pending buy stop placed directly on the trading panel of the native MT5 terminal would have had the same result.

That's the goal here and I really appreciate any help I can get unravelling this or understanding it.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
When Max slippage and Max spread are at their default values of "0" does that mean it ignores slippage and spread?
Yes.
I'm especially interested in entries for buy stop and sell stop.

What I'm trying to find out is that if the EA places a pending buy stop if there's any scenario where the EA could cause a delay of execution, so something like the broker servers ping back to the EA the spread and slippage values and the EA pings back to the servers or anything like that?

Or is it identical to placing the pending buy stop directly in the trading panel of the native MT5 terminal?
It's identical to placing a normal stop order. In fact, what the PS EA does (when you set Entry type to Pending) is it creates a pending order once you click the Trade button or press the trade hotkey. It won't open any trades on its own.
I experienced some pretty massive slippage on a single trade entry recently and I'm just trying to understand if the EA had anything to do with it or if it just was the situation in general and if a pending buy stop placed directly on the trading panel of the native MT5 terminal would have had the same result.
It would have been the same result.

If you are trying to avoid slippage, you need to use limit orders. However, they aren't applicable in some situations, of course.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
So in the case of pending buy stop or sell stop orders, in terms of the entry, it doesn't matter if Max slippage and Max spread are at their default values of "0" or set to another value, correct?
Correct, but the Max Spread parameter will be taken into account at the time of placing the pending order. When you click the trade button, it will check the current spread against that value and won't create the pending order if the current spread is wider.

Furthermore, in this case does Max slippage and Max spread only come into play in terms of take profit and stop loss? Or how is that handled?
No, they have nothing to do with SL or TP. Those are handled by the trading server.

In terms of entry does Max slippage and Max spread come into play for Instant aka Market Orders?
Yes, for instant orders, both parameters are considered.

TJA

Nov 22, 2023
Thank you for answering :)

You mentioned that SL and TP are handled by the trading server.

Lastly, I was wondering, in general, from the trading server side, can SL and TP experience negative slippage, positive slippage, or both? It's a bit of a newbie question, but I'm not 100% clear on it. I'm 99% sure the answer is both :)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you for answering :)

You mentioned that SL and TP are handled by the trading server.

Lastly, I was wondering, in general, from the trading server side, can SL and TP experience negative slippage, positive slippage, or both? It's a bit of a newbie question, but I'm not 100% clear on it. I'm 99% sure the answer is both :)
In theory, there shouldn't be negative slippage on TP, since it's handled as a limit order. SL, on the other hand, can and often does experience slippage.

juankanto

Trader
Nov 23, 2023
Hi I want to use de position sizer, but it doesnt function when i put a trade it makes a rare sound and doesnt execute, its all able i dont know why. I discovered this if you know what it is1700740816326.png

1700741067929.pngthen it says this how can i look for this

pls i need help

I tried everything and nothing workss

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi I want to use de position sizer, but it doesnt function when i put a trade it makes a rare sound and doesnt execute, its all able i dont know why. I discovered this if you know what it isView attachment 26150

View attachment 26151then it says this how can i look for this

pls i need help
It is what it is. Trade is disabled. It is disabled either completely for this symbol or for your account. It's best ask your broker about this. There is also a chance that you should be trading on another EURJPY symbol and this one is only for charting.

peppea

Trader
Nov 23, 2023
hello to the whole community. I installed and set up the EA, but after clicking on autotrading it doesn't open any positions automatically. Am I doing something wrong? or is it not programmed to perform operations automatically?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hello to the whole community. I installed and set up the EA, but after clicking on autotrading it doesn't open any positions automatically. Am I doing something wrong? or is it not programmed to perform operations automatically?
It doesn't trade automatically. It's a position size calculator panel with some built-in trading functions. You can use it to calculate risk-based position size and then open that position using this EA.

tyrion

Nov 27, 2023
Hello fellow traders!

I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with a recent setup on my new MacBook. I've successfully downloaded MT5 for trading, and along with it, a position size calculator. However, I've been running into a snag as the position size calculator doesn't appear to be working as expected.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with a position size calculator on MT5, especially on a MacBook? I'd greatly appreciate any insights or solutions you may have. Let's collaborate and troubleshoot this together!

Thank you

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello fellow traders!

I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with a recent setup on my new MacBook. I've successfully downloaded MT5 for trading, and along with it, a position size calculator. However, I've been running into a snag as the position size calculator doesn't appear to be working as expected.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with a position size calculator on MT5, especially on a MacBook? I'd greatly appreciate any insights or solutions you may have. Let's collaborate and troubleshoot this together!

Thank you
Could you please explain a bit more about what you mean by "doesn't appear to be working as expected"?