TJA

Nov 22, 2023
Thank you so much for addressing my technical questions last week; they were very insightful and much appreciated.

Could you do me a huge favor? I use the Position Sizer EA and the Close All Trades EA to close all positions with a specific magic number, which I enter in the Position Sizer. However, since there isn't a buy limit or sell limit option, I have to use the trade panel in MT5, and manual trades all get assigned the magic number "0". There are situations where, when I use the Close All Trades EA, I need to differentiate between different batches of trades; otherwise, it will close everything.

I would be most willing to donate to the project if you think this is a doable task. If you have any questions regarding the above please let me know and please also let me know how to donate to the project.

tarkus

Nov 27, 2023
Hi everyone, I recently downloaded MT5 on my m1 Mac from the official website and position size calculator, however on the 'open data folder' tab, I cant copy paste the documents into the Experts folder, I gave all access to the MT5 on mac, still I cant move the files, what can I do about it?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you so much for addressing my technical questions last week; they were very insightful and much appreciated.

Could you do me a huge favor? I use the Position Sizer EA and the Close All Trades EA to close all positions with a specific magic number, which I enter in the Position Sizer. However, since there isn't a buy limit or sell limit option, I have to use the trade panel in MT5, and manual trades all get assigned the magic number "0". There are situations where, when I use the Close All Trades EA, I need to differentiate between different batches of trades; otherwise, it will close everything.

I would be most willing to donate to the project if you think this is a doable task. If you have any questions regarding the above please let me know and please also let me know how to donate to the project.
"There isn't a buy limit or sell limit option" where?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi everyone, I recently downloaded MT5 on my m1 Mac from the official website and position size calculator, however on the 'open data folder' tab, I cant copy paste the documents into the Experts folder, I gave all access to the MT5 on mac, still I cant move the files, what can I do about it?
Try launching MetaEditor and look where it proposes to save its files via File->Save As.

tarkus

Nov 27, 2023
Try launching MetaEditor and look where it proposes to save its files via File->Save As.
I launched MetaEditor, on the Navigator tab I can't go to my desktop, where the Position Sizer folder is. I can't put that file under Experts folder tried every way basically. Open Data Folder way doesn't work here either.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I launched MetaEditor, on the Navigator tab I can't go to my desktop, where the Position Sizer folder is. I can't put that file under Experts folder tried every way basically. Open Data Folder way doesn't work here either.
Can you drag any of the files from the Position Sizer folder to MetaEditor and then save it?

tarkus

Nov 27, 2023
Can you drag any of the files from the Position Sizer folder to MetaEditor and then save it?
Yes now I see some files, however there's no Experts but 'Expert' which seems to be a different file. I'm unsure if it displays MQL5 file now

tarkus

Nov 27, 2023
I understood what you mean here, did all the steps except for .ico, for that compile cant complete, only error is, it is looking for that file but I cant send it using the 'save as method'

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I understood what you mean here, did all the steps except for .ico, for that compile cant complete, only error is, it is looking for that file but I cant send it using the 'save as method'
If copying to the Save As folder it opens doesn't work, you can just remove/comment the line in the .mq5 file that includes the ico file. It won't affect the EA's work.

tarkus

Nov 27, 2023
If copying to the Save As folder it opens doesn't work, you can just remove/comment the line in the .mq5 file that includes the ico file. It won't affect the EA's work.
FINALLY it works :D Thanks for the help! First time using Mac, it was agonizing but with determination its done! Hope this helps people in future. Regards!

• 🎉
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
In the Position Sizer EA. Or am I missing something? I see: Instant, Pending and Stop Limit.
Of course there are limit orders in the Position Sizer. Limit orders are a sub-type of pending orders. If you switch the type to Pending and set the Entry above the current market price and switch it from Long to Short, it will be a Sell Limit setup. The vice versa will work to create a Buy Limit setup.

TJA

Nov 22, 2023
Looks like we answered each other at the same time :)
Just hadn't used the EA for that scenario yet. Should have played around with it before asking an elaborate question :D apologies for any confusion and thanks for answering.
What about donating to the Position Sizer EA project? ;)
I think it's a great tool and now that I know that it handles all order types I can use it !!! <3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Looks like we answered each other at the same time :)
Just hadn't used the EA for that scenario yet. Should have played around with it before asking an elaborate question :D apologies for any confusion and thanks for answering.
What about donating to the Position Sizer EA project? ;)
I think it's a great tool and now that I know that it handles all order types I can use it !!! <3
Thanks for your kind words, but we don't accept donations. If you really like the Position Sizer, you can either review our website on TrustPilot or review the PS itself on SourceForge.

qzn25

Nov 28, 2023
Hello guys, how are you doing? I am using position size from earnforex, but I have two questions

1) Is there a way to automatically load all the graphs/pairs that I open?
2) regardless of what they answer above, is there a way to load a different default config? like 0.5% risk for example, without having to charge every time?
3) Is there something similar for mobile?
4) I don't see it this way either, like in the tutorial on being able to pre-set risk

thx

1701209111558.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello guys, how are you doing? I am using position size from earnforex, but I have two questions

1) Is there a way to automatically load all the graphs/pairs that I open?
2) regardless of what they answer above, is there a way to load a different default config? like 0.5% risk for example, without having to charge every time?
3) Is there something similar for mobile?
4) I don't see it this way either, like in the tutorial on being able to pre-set risk

thx

View attachment 26244
1) Yes, save a chart template with the Position Sizer on it and name it default.tpl. It will then be loading automatically on each chart you open.
2) You can save/load input parameters into/from a .set file. You can also use a custom panel settings file (.txt) for the stuff that's not controlled via input parameters.
3) No. Mobile MT4/MT5 doesn't support custom indicators/EAs.
4) See input parameters. For example, to set the quick risk buttons, you need to set the QuickRisk1 and QuickRisk2 inputs.

qzn25

Nov 28, 2023
Ok, everything is perfect, can't the input parameters be modified so that they are default? For example, does the quick risk always appear? Thx
1) Yes, save a chart template with the Position Sizer on it and name it default.tpl. It will then be loading automatically on each chart you open.
2) You can save/load input parameters into/from a .set file. You can also use a custom panel settings file (.txt) for the stuff that's not controlled via input parameters.
3) No. Mobile MT4/MT5 doesn't support custom indicators/EAs.
4) See input parameters. For example, to set the quick risk buttons, you need to set the QuickRisk1 and QuickRisk2 inputs.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Ok, everything is perfect, can't the input parameters be modified so that they are default? For example, does the quick risk always appear? Thx
Do you want the input parameters to have some preset values when you attach a new Position Sizer to a chart? You can use the Save/Load feature for that:
1701261924080.png