Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi
Can anyone advise me what I'm missing please, I've added the PSC to MT5 and its not letting me place a trade. if I trade using the new order tab it lets me trade and my account balance update's. It lets me place stop loss. take profit etc. Press the trade button and the ok box comes up with details of the trade. Press ok and makes a weird noise to simulate something is wrong and doesn't place the trade. I have Algo trading allowed!
Check the Experts tab for error messages:
https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-expert-advisors/Position-Sizer/#FAQ

imosane

Trader
May 30, 2024
Hello.
Is it possible to adjust the Entry line without the Stoploss line moving with it?
This would be helpful to my trading style.

Thank you.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello.
Is it possible to adjust the Entry line without the Stoploss line moving with it?
This would be helpful to my trading style.

Thank you.
That's actually the default behavior for the Entry line. The SL lines moves with the Entry line only if you set SL distance to points or if you are in ATR-based mode.

Jul 1, 2024
Hi, I've been using the EA for quite some time and I'm loving it. The one thing I haven't yet figured it yet is how to move my entry to break even? Once I'm in a trade, I'd like to move my entries to BE, is it possible to do with this EA?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, I've been using the EA for quite some time and I'm loving it. The one thing I haven't yet figured it yet is how to move my entry to break even? Once I'm in a trade, I'd like to move my entries to BE, is it possible to do with this EA?
Move your entries to BE? Like you want to open the next trade where your current trades' BE is? You need to get some BE indicator to calculate the price for multiple trades (I assume you have multiple trades because it's trivial if there's just one of them) and then just set that price as the Entry level on the panel's Main tab.

Jul 1, 2024
Move your entries to BE? Like you want to open the next trade where your current trades' BE is? You need to get some BE indicator to calculate the price for multiple trades (I assume you have multiple trades because it's trivial if there's just one of them) and then just set that price as the Entry level on the panel's Main tab.
Sorry I don't think I explained it very well. Once my trade is at a certain level of profit, I'd like to move my SL to BE. There are times I have multiple entries so moving my SL to BE at the click of 1 button would be super useful and I'm not sure if the feature exists with this EA

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Sorry I don't think I explained it very well. Once my trade is at a certain level of profit, I'd like to move my SL to BE. There are times I have multiple entries so moving my SL to BE at the click of 1 button would be super useful and I'm not sure if the feature exists with this EA
No, there is no feature to move the SL of all the existing trades to BE at the click of a button. However, there is the breakeven option that will move the SL of the existing trades to BE once a certain number of points of profit is reached by a trade. Please see the Trading tab.

You can also install a breakeven script and launch it whenever you want to move the SL to BE on your trades. You can even assign a hotkey to it in your MetaTrader and launch it using that hotkey.

Zoran10

Trader
Jul 3, 2024
Good morning, I work with a portfolio, sometimes opening up to 8 positions simultaneously at the same time, I would like to configure this ea to close all positions when all of them add up to a 4% drawdown, is it possible? Can anyone help me do this? sorry for my bad english

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Good morning, I work with a portfolio, sometimes opening up to 8 positions simultaneously at the same time, I would like to configure this ea to close all positions when all of them add up to a 4% drawdown, is it possible? Can anyone help me do this? sorry for my bad english
If you are opening the trades once with the Position Sizer, setting the risk to 4%, then it will set size will correspond to the overall drawdown of 4% at the given stop-loss.

If you are opening trades separately at different times and want to keep a tab on a 4% drawdown, then Account Protector will be more suitable.

Jul 5, 2024
Hi. My position sizer isn’t working. It keeps making weird sounds when placing a trade. Their are no errors in the expert map. I don’t know what is wrong

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@frankraaij2000 That's no the Experts tab, that's the Errors tab in the MetaEditor. The Experts tab is in the MetaTrader. It looks like this:
Reporting Problems with Position Sizer - Experts Output

CARPARK

Trader
Mar 29, 2021
Tallinn
My strategy requires entries have stoploss dependent on pair. Currently I am trading:
AUDUSD (12 pip SL)
AUDJPY (15 pip SL)

I have created 2 different mq5/ex5s specific for these pairs.

When I apply PS to AUDUSD, it shows the SL in points correctly on the main tab, like this:
1720606085161.png

However, when I apply the other ex5 to AUDJPY, it always shows SL at a level, like this:
1720606142710.png

On AUDUSD, SL changes as price moves, always maintaining as 12 pip stop.

On AUDJPY I need to keep pressing the 'Stop-Loss' button on the main panel to keep updating it.

'SL Distance in points instead of a level' is set as 'true' on both.

When I apply the AUDUSD ex5 to AUDJPY it also flips to SL at a level instead of SL in points. So could it be something to do with JPY pairs?

Does anyone know what's going on?

I am expecting them both to be show in main panel 'SL, Points', '120' for AUDUSD and '150' for AUDJPY.

I tried with EURJPY and it worked correctly. Then tried again with AUDJPY and it showed correctly. Closed down all charts and MT5, reopened only AUDJPY and still a problem.

.set file attached

Only thing in experts tab is this:
1720606803707.png

Attachments

• audjpy.set
    6.2 KB · Views: 0

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
My strategy requires entries have stoploss dependent on pair. Currently I am trading:
AUDUSD (12 pip SL)
AUDJPY (15 pip SL)

I have created 2 different mq5/ex5s specific for these pairs.

When I apply PS to AUDUSD, it shows the SL in points correctly on the main tab, like this:
View attachment 28682

However, when I apply the other ex5 to AUDJPY, it always shows SL at a level, like this:
View attachment 28683

On AUDUSD, SL changes as price moves, always maintaining as 12 pip stop.

On AUDJPY I need to keep pressing the 'Stop-Loss' button on the main panel to keep updating it.

'SL Distance in points instead of a level' is set as 'true' on both.

When I apply the AUDUSD ex5 to AUDJPY it also flips to SL at a level instead of SL in points. So could it be something to do with JPY pairs?

Does anyone know what's going on?

I am expecting them both to be show in main panel 'SL, Points', '120' for AUDUSD and '150' for AUDJPY.

I tried with EURJPY and it worked correctly. Then tried again with AUDJPY and it showed correctly. Closed down all charts and MT5, reopened only AUDJPY and still a problem.

.set file attached

Only thing in experts tab is this:
View attachment 28685
It got flipped by pressing the Shift+S combination and stored in the panel's settings file, which is specific for that AUDJPY chart. It also won't delete that panel settings file due to a bug in 3.07 (fixed in 3.09). However, you can just press Shift+S again to switch it to points again.

• 👍
Reactions: CARPARK