Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Account Protector has just been updated to version 1.11 to implement some interesting changes:
  • Added an option to switch the hidden equity trailing stop to percentage. (@Handsfree6976)
  • Added a silent mode to avoid outputting the AP's log messages to the Experts tab of the platform. (@Resems)
  • Added a special mechanism to avoid cyclical triggering of daily profit/loss conditions in some cases. (@Resems)
  • Changed the default log file name from log.txt to ap_log.txt.
  • Changed how autotrading status is detected and reported. The Account Protector will now be more specific.
Please update and report if you encounter some issues.

• 👍
Reactions: samurachampu

samurachampu

Trader
May 15, 2024
Hi Enivid, great job on the amazingly complete EA! Couldn't ask for more.

I'm setting it up to protect a prop firm account and just wanted to make sure I have it set correctly. So I want it trigger either when the equity gets above 55k or so or when the equity gets below 45K. And then I want it to stop if the daily loss gets below 2350. Do I have it configured correctly for this? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_94.png
    Screenshot_94.png
    25 KB · Views: 7

samurachampu

Trader
May 15, 2024
BTW @Enivid I noticed that the EA is removing one of my settings, the equity below XXX currency units, not sure why. I have set it as in my previous screenshot but then I find that it clears out that setting. No messages in the experts tab and my balance and equity are currently at 46.9K

Attachments

• Screenshot_97.png
    Screenshot_97.png
    26 KB · Views: 2

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid, great job on the amazingly complete EA! Couldn't ask for more.

I'm setting it up to protect a prop firm account and just wanted to make sure I have it set correctly. So I want it trigger either when the equity gets above 55k or so or when the equity gets below 45K. And then I want it to stop if the daily loss gets below 2350. Do I have it configured correctly for this? Thanks in advance!
Yes, that looks right.
BTW @Enivid I noticed that the EA is removing one of my settings, the equity below XXX currency units, not sure why. I have set it as in my previous screenshot but then I find that it clears out that setting. No messages in the experts tab and my balance and equity are currently at 46.9K
Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this. Could you please provide more info on how that happened? Did you restart the platform? Did you switch anything else?

samurachampu

Trader
May 15, 2024
Yes, that looks right.
Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this. Could you please provide more info on how that happened? Did you restart the platform? Did you switch anything else?
Was just playing around and trying to figure out what causes and I think it's that the click area is quite large for activating/disactivating the checkmark. If you click in this middle area between the text and the text field to the right it will enable/disable. It's a pretty minor issue, once you figure out that you can't click there. 1719567201081.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Was just playing around and trying to figure out what causes and I think it's that the click area is quite large for activating/disactivating the checkmark. If you click in this middle area between the text and the text field to the right it will enable/disable. It's a pretty minor issue, once you figure out that you can't click there. View attachment 28573
Oh, I see... Yes, the entire line until the input box is considered as a checkbox area to click on to tick/untick.

• 👍
Reactions: samurachampu

zzzjjack

Trader
Jun 28, 2024
Hi, any idea why the ea closed the trade earlier?
I set it as Equity >= $21005 and it closed around $20970
the log showed this "CONDITION IS MET: Equity rose to 21005.00 USD" but the Equity didn't reach yet

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, any idea why the ea closed the trade earlier?
I set it as Equity >= $21005 and it closed around $20970
the log showed this "CONDITION IS MET: Equity rose to 21005.00 USD" but the Equity didn't reach yet
What else did it write? Because the equity could reach that level very briefly. The AP checks the account equity via standard methods, so the only case it would trigger without the equity reaching the actual value is that you have some Additional Funds set up.

zzzjjack

Trader
Jun 28, 2024
What else did it write? Because the equity could reach that level very briefly. The AP checks the account equity via standard methods, so the only case it would trigger without the equity reaching the actual value is that you have some Additional Funds set up.
It's a prop firm account and should be any Additional Funds.
The full log and the trade history here:
2024-06-29 01 49 59.png
2024-06-29 01 51 38.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It's a prop firm account and should be any Additional Funds.
The full log and the trade history here:
View attachment 28580
View attachment 28581
If you didn't set up any Additional Funds through the input parameters, then the only explanation is that it reached the target equity of 21,005 USD only briefly. You may consider seting the ConditionDelay input parameter to make it so that the AP will wait a certain number of seconds before considering the condition fulfilled.

zzzjjack

Trader
Jun 28, 2024
If you didn't set up any Additional Funds through the input parameters, then the only explanation is that it reached the target equity of 21,005 USD only briefly. You may consider seting the ConditionDelay input parameter to make it so that the AP will wait a certain number of seconds before considering the condition fulfilled.
Ok I will try that, thanks for the help!

samurachampu

Trader
May 15, 2024
Hi @Enivid, is there any way to not have the AP reset itself when the conditions are triggered? What I mean is, I'm using the AP to alert me by push notification when the margin drops below a certain level. But when this happens it will deactivate the AP (remove the conditions and actions and reset back to defaults). Is there any way to avoid this?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi @Enivid, is there any way to not have the AP reset itself when the conditions are triggered? What I mean is, I'm using the AP to alert me by push notification when the margin drops below a certain level. But when this happens it will deactivate the AP (remove the conditions and actions and reset back to defaults). Is there any way to avoid this?
Yes, see the DoNotDisableConditions and the DoNotDisableActions input parameters.

qzn25

Nov 28, 2023
No need to use snapshots for that, you can use the daily profit/loss conditions unless you need the "day" to start at a different time than your broker's server time.
Sorry, I meant it but I don't quite understand it. What should I configure to set what you say "daily loss"?

At the same time, how do I know what the broker's hours are, as you say?

1720383601629.png

1720383625788.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
What should I configure to set what you say "daily loss"?
You need to turn on the daily loss conditions display via input parameters first (DisableDailyProfitLossPercGE and DisableDailyProfitLossPercLE).
At the same time, how do I know what the broker's hours are, as you say?
Check the Market Watch. It shows the broker's time.

qzn25

Nov 28, 2023
You need to turn on the daily loss conditions display via input parameters first (DisableDailyProfitLossPercGE and DisableDailyProfitLossPercLE).

Are you referring to those two? They don't say exactly the same thing but they are the only ones that say percentage.
1720470278479.png
1720470305101.png

Are you referring to those two? They don't say exactly the same thing but they are the only ones that say percentage.