musashijujuy

Trader
Dec 4, 2023
hola . buen dia , quiero instalar el posicion sizer en una Mac.
el problema es que el metatrader 5 no me muestra el escritorio .
tiene el formato de iPad .
alguien sabe como hacer ?
en la imagen muestro como se ve el Mtt5

hello . Good morning, I want to install the position sizer on a Mac.
The problem is that Metatrader 5 does not show me the desktop.
It is in the iPad format.
Does anyone know how to do it?

In the image I show what the Mtt5 looks like

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hello . Good morning, I want to install the position sizer on a Mac.
The problem is that Metatrader 5 does not show me the desktop.
It is in the iPad format.
Does anyone know how to do it?

In the image I show what the Mtt5 looks like
It looks like you forgot to attach the image. If you somehow managed to install the mobile version of the MT5 on your Mac, then you won't be able to install the Position Sizer there as it doesn't support custom expert advisors.

Shaishen

Trader
Dec 23, 2023
Hello Admin,

My first post here. Your position sizer EA is extraordinary. One question, I downloaded the folder from your download page but it is the 3.06 version.
How or where can I download the 3.07 version? Thank you.
Shaishen

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello Admin,

My first post here. Your position sizer EA is extraordinary. One question, I downloaded the folder from your download page but it is the 3.06 version.
How or where can I download the 3.07 version? Thank you.
Shaishen
Please re-download again. However, it was only the version label that wasn't changed to 3.07. Otherwise that was the version 3.07 in all other regards that you downloaded.

juiceofdoom

Dec 28, 2023
Hey, just a quick question. Under the margin Tab, leaving the custom leverage input to 0, will that allow me to use the max leverage my broker allows? For instance, my broker allows 1:100, leaving the custom leverage to 0, will I be able to use the 1:100 leverage the broker provides? Thanks!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hey, just a quick question. Under the margin Tab, leaving the custom leverage input to 0, will that allow me to use the max leverage my broker allows? For instance, my broker allows 1:100, leaving the custom leverage to 0, will I be able to use the 1:100 leverage the broker provides? Thanks!
You can use your broker's leverage irrespective of what is set in the custom leverage field. That value is only used in margin calculations. When it is set to 0, it means that the default leverage is used.

Yomi5758

Banned
Dec 29, 2023
Hi, regarding TakeProfitsNumber, does it open multiple trades with the different TP or does it do partial closes with a single trade?
I would like partial closes with a single trade if possible please otherwise I have to calculate the lot and do it manually
Can you get EA to remember the different TPs for a single trade?

Last edited:

Hugooo68

Banned
Dec 29, 2023
I haven't used EA yet, but to find out if I open 2 trades on the same pair, can I modify each of them afterwards once I've launched "Trading"?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, regarding TakeProfitsNumber, does it open multiple trades with the different TP or does it do partial closes with a single trade?
I would like partial closes with a single trade if possible please otherwise I have to calculate the lot and do it manually
Can you get EA to remember the different TPs for a single trade?
No, it opens several trades - each with its own TP.

Drezas56

Banned
Dec 29, 2023
Hello, using SurpassBrokerMaxPositionSize, it opens several trades, is it possible to set up a partial global close, for example if I have 5 trades for a total of 1000 lots and I want to make a partial global close of 30% ie 300 lots by taking into account the 5 trades as if it was 1 only. If it opens 30 trades but we have to manage each one manually, how is that possible?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello, using SurpassBrokerMaxPositionSize, it opens several trades, is it possible to set up a partial global close, for example if I have 5 trades for a total of 1000 lots and I want to make a partial global close of 30% ie 300 lots by taking into account the 5 trades as if it was 1 only. If it opens 30 trades but we have to manage each one manually, how is that possible?
It's not possible with this EA. If you need partial closes at some TP level, please use the multiple-TP feature. If you want to be able to close them at some arbitrary point, you'd need to use either some custom script or the Account Protector (it can close trades partially but needs some conditions to work on).

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It doesn't go over 50.00. That is about 7% risk of a 50,000 dollars account.
That's probably the maximum position size allowed by your broker. You can set the SurpassBrokerMaxPositionSize input parameter to true. The Position Sizer will then use multiple trades to open your total position volume.

Pete0n

Trader
Dec 31, 2023
Hi team - just tried installing on MT5. Unable to drag and drop the folder into the MQL5 > Experts folder from my downloaded files. I'm able to drop the downloaded files directly into the Experts folder which I've done as a work around. However when I compile them in Editor, I get 101 errors and 50 messages. Cannot see a way to resolve. Anyone able to advise?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi team - just tried installing on MT5. Unable to drag and drop the folder into the MQL5 > Experts folder from my downloaded files. I'm able to drop the downloaded files directly into the Experts folder which I've done as a work around. However when I compile them in Editor, I get 101 errors and 50 messages. Cannot see a way to resolve. Anyone able to advise?
So, you are able to copy the files to your Experts folder, but not other folders? That's weird. Can you create the folders manually, imitating the structure?

Which file are you trying to compile? What is the first (topmost) error that you get?

Pete0n

Trader
Dec 31, 2023
So, you are able to copy the files to your Experts folder, but not other folders? That's weird. Can you create the folders manually, imitating the structure?

Which file are you trying to compile? What is the first (topmost) error that you get?

I can't drag the folder across from my downloads into MT5 data folder at all.
Nor can I create new folders within the data folder.....but if I go into the Experts folder, then Advisors, and copy & paste the individual files from my download into the MT5 Advisors data folder , then they appear.
I am only trying to compile "Position Sizer.mq5"

The top error indicated missing Translations > English folder and file. I since added this within Editor (as there was no Translations folder under Advisors), added the English file - re-run the compilation and it's worked. Thanks for helping by asking the right questions haha.