kamthind

Trader
Jul 27, 2022
Switch it back to a level. You can do that either by resetting the SLDistanceInPoints input to false or by pressing Shift+S while on the chart with the Position Sizer.
Fantastic, I wasn't aware of the hot key. Thank you for your quick response.

Oct 1, 2024
I'm having problems copying the Sizer folder inside MQL5 I'm doing it correctly, all the information is correct, but I can't find the library where the Meta5 files are or adding the files from meta5 and dragging the folder to the files, I can't do it in any way, Apple tells me to contact the developer

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm having problems copying the Sizer folder inside MQL5 I'm doing it correctly, all the information is correct, but I can't find the library where the Meta5 files are or adding the files from meta5 and dragging the folder to the files, I can't do it in any way, Apple tells me to contact the developer
On macOS, the installation can be quite complicated and may differ depending on the way the MT5 is installed there. Please see the macOS video in the first post of this thread.

fxchess

Trader
Oct 6, 2024
Dear Earn Forex
I find that if I use Position Size EA in MT5 backtesting mode it is not be use like demo.
So, can it possible make Position Size EA be use in backtesting mode? If trader want to practice with it? Thank you.

Moneymat1221

Oct 6, 2024
Hello my position sizer is show the reward in USD, I’m risking 1% per trade and my risk to reward is 1:3 and that being split into 2 trades, it showing my reward will be $222.39 when it should be around $300 since I’m aiming for a 1:3 RR, can someone please explain how do I fix that and change it show it show the write numbers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Dear Earn Forex
I find that if I use Position Size EA in MT5 backtesting mode it is not be use like demo.
So, can it possible make Position Size EA be use in backtesting mode? If trader want to practice with it? Thank you.
That would require rewriting most of the chart handling code in the Position Sizer. I'm not sure it's worthwhile, but I'll have a look at it and consider if this can be done without adding an extra layer of complexity to the code.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello my position sizer is show the reward in USD, I’m risking 1% per trade and my risk to reward is 1:3 and that being split into 2 trades, it showing my reward will be $222.39 when it should be around $300 since I’m aiming for a 1:3 RR, can someone please explain how do I fix that and change it show it show the write numbers
Why do you think your risk-to-reward is 1:3?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Because it say in the take-profit button as 1.5 and I have 2 of those and I put 1.5 as TP multiples for SL value in the settings
That's not how math works. Even if you put your second TP at the same level as the first one, you will just get two trades with 1:1.5 RRR each. And since these two trades each have 0.5 size of the calculated position, your total RRR is 1:1.5. You can vary it by moving the second TP far enough away from the first one. Of course, I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Moneymat1221

Oct 6, 2024
That's not how math works. Even if you put your second TP at the same level as the first one, you will just get two trades with 1:1.5 RRR each. And since these two trades each have 0.5 size of the calculated position, your total RRR is 1:1.5. You can vary it by moving the second TP far enough away from the first one. Of course, I wouldn't recommend doing that.
U still haven’t told me why is the profit is not showing around $300 but showing $222.39, I used it before I took a trading break and it show the right profit

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
U still haven’t told me why is the profit is not showing around $300 but showing $222.39, I used it before I took a trading break and it show the right profit
Because why should it be showing $300? If you had just one TP and had it locked at x 1.5 of the SL distance, you'd have a 1:1.5 RRR trade. When you add a second TP, the actual RRR depends on where you put that TP and the distribution of the position's volume between those two trades.

Moneymat1221

Oct 6, 2024
Because why should it be showing $300? If you had just one TP and had it locked at x 1.5 of the SL distance, you'd have a 1:1.5 RRR trade. When you add a second TP, the actual RRR depends on where you put that TP and the distribution of the position's volume between those two trades.
I don’t have a clue what your saying, so please explain how do I make $300 while risking 1%
Post automatically merged:

I don’t have a clue what your saying, so please explain how do I make $300 while risking 1%
And I have 2 TPs

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Post automatically merged:

And I have 2 TPs
Set TP multiplier to 3 then set the second TP to the same price as the first one.

PS: I recommend getting a clue before risking any money in Forex.

Moneymat1221

Oct 6, 2024
Set TP multiplier to 3 then set the second TP to the same price as the first one.

PS: I recommend getting a clue before risking any money in Forex.
If I do that it will multiply the TP by 3 and I want 2 tp because 1:3 so I can trail and break even my stop loss when it his the first TP, I have a clue about forex Enivid, when I was using this EA like 3 month ago it didn’t behave like this