letsfork123

Trader
Oct 5, 2022
Hi enivid , I know you are super busy with updates and this has been asked before but do you think you will work on a ctrader version of the position sizer ? kind regards

mart2312

Oct 8, 2024
When trying to compile the position sizer.mq4 file I get 319 errors. The first errors mention: ''can't open''. I followed every step and all the files are in the same folder. How can I fix this?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
When trying to compile the position sizer.mq4 file I get 319 errors. The first errors mention: ''can't open''. I followed every step and all the files are in the same folder. How can I fix this?
Please make sure you are copying all the files from the archive to the MQL4\Experts\ folder of your MT4's data folder.
If this doesn't help, please attach here a screenshot of the first "can't open" error.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Unfortunately, that means that your MT4 installation is missing the standard library files. I recommend copying them over (the Include folder) from another MT4 installation or re-installing this one. Those are standard components that should be included in every MT4 installation.

fxchess

Trader
Oct 6, 2024
I suggestion you to change your MT4 to portable version because I meet some issue with MT4/MT5 in non-portable version.
And I always recommend you use portable version in the future.
You can reference this https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1388 to change your MT4 to portable version.
Attention please "Please note that Windows blocking portable version if you are using Program Files installation folder. You have to use other folder, for example C:MT4portableMT4"

ssstech2009

Trader
May 27, 2023
Is it possible to have 3 ATR based TPs that adjust continuously?

The problem that I have, is that 2 of the positions quickly become misaligned on the 1 minute chart.

I have to frequently press this button "Fill additional TPs equidistantly between entry and main TP"
every few minutes.

Attachments

• 123ATR TARGET Capture.JPG
    123ATR TARGET Capture.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2MISALIGNED 123ATR TARGET Capture.JPG
    2MISALIGNED 123ATR TARGET Capture.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

smtrv

Trader
Oct 10, 2024
Is it possible to remove the start screen which has the common/input tab?
Post automatically merged:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is it possible to have 3 ATR based TPs that adjust continuously?

The problem that I have, is that 2 of the positions quickly become misaligned on the 1 minute chart.

I have to frequently press this button "Fill additional TPs equidistantly between entry and main TP"
every few minutes.
Switch to TP distance to points either via the input parameters or by pressing Shift+P.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Post automatically merged:

No, but if you save a chart template with the Position Sizer, it will load without that screen.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Can you save it to multiple charts, or only one at a time?
You save a template into a file. You then load that template on any chart you want. You won't get a welcome screen when loading a template. You can also save that template file as 'default.tpl' and it will be loaded on any chart you open automatically.

• 👍
Reactions: smtrv

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I want it to always be set to

I want it to always be set to a moving 1R, 2R and 3R based on the ATR stop loss. If I Switch to TP distance the targets become fixed
If you click on the TP button to lock the TP on SL, it will do the trick for you:
1728585641790.png
It wouldn't work if you wanted the first TP to be different from 1R, but for your combination, it should work.

• 👍
Reactions: ssstech2009

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I think it works to begin with, but over time as the ATR changes , two of the targets end up not being updated with the ATR
In that setup, they will get automatically updated. Just make sure you have the TP-locked-on-SL enabled and the TPs set in points.

• 👍
Reactions: ssstech2009

Davidb12

Trader
Oct 11, 2024
Hello,

Can you pre-set in the calculator settings the RRR?

For example, when placing a trade it would be good if it can automatically set a 1:1, 1:2, or 1:3 RRR depending on how the individual has set it.

Currently, you need to manually alter the tp once enter to the desired reward percentage, however, by doing this its not very accurate.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

Can you pre-set in the calculator settings the RRR?

For example, when placing a trade it would be good if it can automatically set a 1:1, 1:2, or 1:3 RRR depending on how the individual has set it.

Currently, you need to manually alter the tp once enter to the desired reward percentage, however, by doing this its not very accurate.
You can set the TP multiplier via the input parameters. By default it's 1, so a 1:1 RRR. If you change it to 2 and click the TP button, it will be set to RRR = 2.