Does anybody have MT4 build 1415 or an earlier version?

ddfg

Trader
Oct 12, 2022
!!! I think that I found a solution, to STOP META TRADER 4 AUTO UPDATE, and to DOWNGRADE FROM BUILD 1420, to BUILD 1415, or older, as you need, but to keep the Meta Trader 4, in a good functionality !!!
!!! It seems to WORK GREAT !!!
I will still check it, a few more days.
Not to have unpleasent surprises.
Thanks to pinakkolada user's idea, that told to me, to lock the entire MetaQuotes folder, but I did a CHANGE to this idea.
When I locked the entire MetaQuotes folder, it stoped the Meta Trader 4 Auto Update, but it also destroyed, almost all the functionality of the Meta Trader 4 terminal, almost nothing worked.
Then I decided to CHANGE a little this idea, after I read a few articles, on the Internet, how to stop, the Meta Trader 4 Auto Update.

The little CHANGE, was not to lock the entire MetaQuotes folder, but to LOCK the WebInstall folder, AFTER I DELETED the hole WebInstall folder, and created a new EMPTY WebInstall folder.

This is the procedure:
First check the Build of your Meta Trader 4, by the steps below:
Press your Meta Trader 4 Shortcut, to load it.
Press the Help Tab, and press About.
You will see, the Build of your Meta Trader 4, at the left - down, side, of the window.
The Build should be 1420.

Locate the WebInstall folder.
I have a VPS, with the Windows 2012 Server Operating System.
By me, the path of the WebInstall folder is below:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall .

If you don't find the WebInstall folder, in the path above, instead of in the folder "Administrator", maybe it will be, in the folder, with your computer's name.

DELETE this WebInstall folder.
Create a NEW EMPTY WebInstall folder, at the same place.
I tried to LOCK, this WebInstall folder, from my Windows Operating System, but it did NOT WORK.
Probably because it is not Windows Professional or Enterprise version.
Then I used an External Software, called "Wise Folder Hider", not in Windows.
You can use any other software, to lock a folder.
I think that this software is FREE.
Because I didn't see, any request to pay for it.
After you install "Wise Folder Hider", run it, by pressing it's Shortcut, on the Desktop.
You will get a message, to choose a password, and to write this password twice.
Then will open a window, and below, right, press the button "Hide Folder".
A File Explorer, will be opened.
Choose=Press, the WebInstall folder, as I wrote it's path, above, and press the button "OK", below.
This will make the WebInstall folder, Hiden=Locked.
If you want, you can also write a pasword, for this folder lock, by pressing the down arrow, at the right of the "Open" button, at the up - right, side, of the window.
But this folder lock password, is not necessary, to stop the Meta Trader 4 Auto Update.
Close the "Wise Folder Hider" window.
Download the 2 files below, of the Meta Trader 4 Build 1415, or an older Build, as you need:
1) terminal.exe .
2) metaeditor.exe .

Download the 2 files, from the Internet address below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...l9Ms16lTb7K/pubhtml?gid=515962633&single=true .

Copy the 2 files of Build 1415, terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe , to the folder of your broker.
The path of the folder, of my Broker, is below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\My Broker's Name .

Instead of "My Broker's Name", you should write, your Broker's name, or the path, where you installed the Meta Trader 4 Installation file, of your Broker.
After you copy the 2 files, you will get a message, with a few options.
Choose the option "Replace the file in the destination".
This will replace the 2 files of Build 1420, that are in your Broker's folder, with the 2 files of Build 1415.

To check that the Build of your Meta Trader 4, was downgraded to Build 1415, do like I wrote at the beginning, to find the Build number.

This is all, people.

Now you DOWNGRADED, and have installed Meta Trader 4 Build 1415, with AUTO UPDATE STOPED !!!

Thanks to the users pinakkolada and Enivid, that with their many replies to me, helped me probably, to solve this very bad problem.
I hope that this letter of mine, will save to many other people, a lot of suffer, big money damages, and many hours wasted, to solve this very bad problem.
It is NOT WORKING anymore.
Meta Quotes blocked the connection, to the broker's server, for the Meta Trader 4 Build 1415.
It writes an error "Old version".

• 👍
Reactions: prenex

gwhite2203

Trader
Jun 9, 2024
It is NOT WORKING anymore.
Meta Quotes blocked the connection, to the broker's server, for the Meta Trader 4 Build 1415.
It writes an error "Old version".
Same for me, however oddly I tried attaching my EA to my prop firm account and it loads fine on that. But I just cant use it for trading because of prop firm rules

prenex

Trader
Jun 6, 2024
i have an error saying OLD VERSION as well any solutions?
ok I'll try again.

copy terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe into the following folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\“your Broker”

AND

C:\Users\“your usernam”\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall

copy both files (Build 1415) there.

If you now start terminal.exe normally, there will be no update until you close and restart MT4!!!

EDIT:
it doesnt work anymore :-(

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
ok I'll try again.

copy terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe into the following folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\“your Broker”

AND

C:\Users\“your usernam”\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall

copy both files (Build 1415) there.

If you now start terminal.exe normally, there will be no update until you close and restart MT4!!!
It's not the problem that @mofrer is facing. The issue is that their broker no longer accepts connections from MT4 Build 1415.

gwhite2203

Trader
Jun 9, 2024
so its a "Broker" issue?
Yep seems to be. My accounts with Vantage, AVA, FXCM and Radex all come up with error requesting to 'live update to the new version' and wont connect to my account without doing so. The only exception is MantaTrade for my Nova Funding prop account which is still loading the EA fine (for the time being)

gwhite2203

Trader
Jun 9, 2024
Just wondering if you download a demo account and do the hack to keep it on 1415 would this also eventually be upgraded by the broker. Just thinking of ways around the problem as could then use a trade copier to my live trading account which the EA doesnt work on because of 1420?

paul4x

Trader
Jun 9, 2024
1717952754032.png
i am still having this error message, i was able to load my EA onto the chart etc but have no connection?

gwhite2203

Trader
Jun 9, 2024
View attachment 28380
i am still having this error message, i was able to load my EA onto the chart etc but have no connection?
Hi Paul, yes this is the problem we are facing. If you have the old 1415 meta installed you can still attach your EA but as soon as you update/download the new terminal 1420 so you can trade your EA wont load on to it

GuiFX2000

Trader
Jun 9, 2024
On my PC, none of the MT4s are connecting to servers in versions below 1420. I have already done all the previous procedures to maintain version 1415 but it seems that now is the end. What to do?
It seems that the brokers also updated the servers that now refuse to connect to old versions.

Last edited:

ddfg

Trader
Oct 12, 2022
Just wondering if you download a demo account and do the hack to keep it on 1415 would this also eventually be upgraded by the broker. Just thinking of ways around the problem as could then use a trade copier to my live trading account which the EA doesnt work on because of 1420?
I am not sure, that the Brokers don't accept Build 1415.
Maybe Meta Quotes blocked older Builds, than 1420.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I am not sure, that the Brokers don't accept Build 1415.
Maybe Meta Quotes blocked older Builds, than 1420.
This depends on the broker's server. If they don't update their server, it works with build 1415. But it looks like now nearly all brokers have already updated so that only build 1420 is accepted.

• 👍
Reactions: ddfg

thedon

Trader
Jun 10, 2024
hi everyone. i have the same problem. my indicator don't work on 1420. any solution? it says "old version" on bottom right corner. i really need my indicator. thank you so much

abba360change

Trader
Jun 10, 2024
I followed all the steps but now the broker will not allow you to login to your mt4 account. It says older version when you try to log in

ddfg

Trader
Oct 12, 2022
Absolutely evil. They banned old MT4 versions so quickly.
Versions 1415 and older are no longer working, which means we cannot use our old indicators.
Perhaps, somebody will come up with a solution in the future but nothing can be done right now. Unfortunately.

They constantly lie, claiming these are "security updates" for our safety. Nothing in this world is for our benefit and safety. All these updates are like vaccines for people—evil. They are here to harm us, not benefit us.

A good example is antivirus software. The same people who create viruses also create antivirus software. I don't use them because they eventually damage your system. I realised this a long time ago.

The same with vaccines. They release viruses, then harmful vaccines (updates) and drugs. All this to benefit big pharma. Evil world. Nothing else to say.
Think about the people, that have opened trades, from their EAs or Indicators, that don't work anymore now, on Build 1420.
They might LOOSE, ALL THEIR MONEY !!!

• 👍
Reactions: pinakkolada